Thursday, January 17, 2013

Don't Be a Victim of Fraud



Here are some things to help you stay away from being a victim of scam:
1. Don't tolerate yourself to be pressed into a rushed decision.
2. Make sure there’s always request written information, by mail, about the product, service, investment or about the organization that's offering it.
3. Make sure you fully understand the investment you want to get involved.
 4. Be sure to check on the state or federal agencies the firm is regulated by and/or is required to be registered with.
5. Make sure to check out the company or organization. Check on the background and the people who is behind the industry.
6. If an investment or major purchase is involved, ask for that information also be sent to your accountant, financial adviser  banker, or attorney for assessment and estimation.
7. Beware of testimonials that you may have no way of checking out.
9. You don’t need to give any personal financial information over the phone except you are completely certain the caller has a bona fide need to know.
10. If needed, hang up. If you're simply not interested, you don’t need to stress out yourself, simply say good-bye and end the conversation.
I have a personal experience about this with purchasing a condominium. A seller is very persistent in selling the unit. I wasn't into it but I actually wanted to have an investment. I had second thoughts, so I entertain our first meetings. I thought about it a thousand times and finally had a decision of not pursuing it anymore. I had a long list of my personal reasons so I stayed away from this seller. Meanwhile, as I always think of something to invest in, I go over this website I have stumbled upon before. It’s all about Gold Coins Atlanta and read over their services again and again. Since I am into rare coins and bullion I started investing. It’s actually fun at the same time I know my money won’t go into waste because these coins are actually appreciating its value from time to time. J Great idea indeed! For more information about silver coins, click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment